Candidates who have used Scala only for the data engineering work would not fit for this role. We are looking for candidates who have worked on building web backend platforms using Scala.
- Understanding of the web and HTTP
- REST design guidelines
- Basics understanding of networking
- Data Modelling
- Understanding of DB - indexing and SQL queries
- The discipline of writing end to end test cases and the belief in TDD
- API documentation tools
- Basic familiarity with AWS to be able to manage the environment and do the deployments
Good to have
- Understanding of multi-threading and how it impacts the system
- Synchronous and Asynchronous programming style
- Other related multi-threading concepts like avoiding shared mutable state, synchronization, and coordinated execution, thread pool optimizations etc.